Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Jerk Wings with Curry Cabbage




So I Love Caribbean Food... Been missing it with my new lifestyle. So I put on my THINKING CAP.. and this is what I came up with.

For the Wings:
6- 8 of Tyson Sections
2 tspn of McCormick Perfect Pinch Caribbean Jerk Seasoning
1 tspn of thyme
1 tablespoon of Grace's Fish and Meat Sauce
dash of black pepper
sprinkle some crushed red pepper to taste
SO SEASON WINGS WITH THE ABOVE.. lay on aluminum foil and place in oven at 350 degrees for approx 45-60 mins. ME? I love mine to have a slight crisp so I do about an hour 15 mins.. but on the last 30 mins I reduce the temp to 300


For the Cabbage:
2 cups of cabbage ( make sure you chop evenly so it cooks evenly)
30 grams each of -red,yellow,green,orange peppers
30 grams of onion
3 ounces of shredded carrots
1 tspn of your favorite curry seasoning ( I use Grace's)
1 slice of bacon OR Coconut oil (1 tspn)
black pepper to taste.. sea salt IF DESIRED.. I don't..
1/4 tspn of garlic POWDER not salt..
2 tablespoons of Swanson's Cooking Stock

FIRST: in a skillet with a lid... cook the bacon (or heat the oil) DO NOT TURN IT UP TOO HIGH.. lol
once the bacon is crisp done.... add the veggies EXCLUDING the cabbage.
cook approx 5 minutes.... add the seasonings... then the cabbage... stir and stir.. HEAT SHOULD BE Low to mid.. you want the cabbage to stay firm. After approx 10 mins. ADD the Stock... Cook  another 5 mins. YOU ARE DONE!
this is less than 550 calories... 15 NET carbs...8 grams of fat... 52 grams of protein..8 grams of fiber.. AND SO GOOD!!!

NOW ON MY TREAT DAY... I bake a VERY SMALL sweet potato and sprinkle with cinnamon and truvia (granular)... as a side item. I MEAn the smallest potato you can find. This also helps with portion control. We often try to buy the biggest potato..but in this lifestyle.. maybe going for the little bitty baby would be our best option.
Hope you guys enjoy!

And As always.. Keep It Classy Yet Sassy.. Truthful Yet Respectful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. Please be advised, that while ALL opinions are accepted, please be respectful to one another. Otherwise your comment will be deleted. Thanks for commenting! HUGS!

Shout Me A Coffee Today!